JOHANNESBURG – The recent news regarding Priority Escapes has drawn attention to the importance of selecting reliable travel agencies. In the midst of this development, the Association of Southern African Travel Agents (ASATA) points out that Priority Escapes wasn’t among their members, underlining the value of associating with ASATA-accredited travel agencies.
Although the travel industry in South Africa is not regulated, ASATA acts as a semi-regulator, ensuring travelers connect with reputable professionals.
“We wholeheartedly empathise with those affected by any company’s inability to uphold their promises,” says Otto de Vries, ASATA CEO. “Committing significant funds for holidays means consumers need assurance. The challenge lies in discerning credible travel companies from the many. ASATA members also ensure that the suppliers and operators they use are vetted, affording customers peace of mind that they’re placing their trust and hard-earned money in the hands of credible industry professionals.”
What it means to be an ASATA-Accredited Travel Agent:
- Professionalism: Experience unparalleled service as agents maintain a rigorous standard of conduct.
- Financial Security: Clients’ travel investments are safeguarded as ASATA agencies consistently demonstrate sound financial practices.
- Up-to-date Expertise: Continuous training ensures agents stay updated in the dynamic travel landscape.
- Ethical Operations: ASATA agencies are committed to transparency, honesty, and integrity.
- Customer Advocacy: Member agencies prioritise travelers’ needs, pledging to address and resolve any arising issues.
- Code of Conduct: Members voluntarily apply for ASATA membership and once their application is approved, they need to abide by a strict Code of Conduct, Constitution and ASATA Charter.
De Vries further stressed: “A holiday is more than just a trip; it’s an investment of dreams, emotions, and resources. Every ASATA member understands this deeply, ensuring that customers are reassured from the start that they are dealing with a reliable and reputable travel partner.”
ASATA stands firm in its dedication to upholding professionalism and trustworthiness in the travel sector. Travelers are encouraged to align with agencies that mirror these esteemed values.
The article Priority Escapes situation emphasises the need for trusted travel partnerships first appeared in TravelDailyNews International.
Go to Source
Author: Theodore Koumelis