IHG Hotels & Resorts, one of the world’s leading hotel companies with more than 6,000 hotels across 19 brands, announces a slate of voco hotels properties across its European markets as the brand’s fast-paced growth continues.
With recent signings and openings in France, Spain, the UK&I, Austria, Portugal, and Belgium, these additions take Europe’s voco hotels total number of opened and signed properties to 37* **, up from 28 at the end of 2022, marking more than a 25% increase in ten months.
First launched in 2018, voco hotels is one of IHG’s fastest-growing brands with more than 100 properties signed and opened globally. The incoming flurry of properties will bring the brand closer to its global ambition of reaching 200 properties in leading urban and leisure locations by 2028.
Mrs Willemijn Geels, VP Development, Europe at IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “Each voco hotels property that gets added to our portfolio is a real sign of the confidence from our owners across multiple markets in the brand. voco hotels proves popular due to its design and operational framework conducive to conversion, empowering owners to carry through their own unique visions for their property. Guests enjoy the individual character and local charm of each hotel, and the speed at which the brand is growing in these popular markets is great proof of its successful formula.”
- voco Belfast, UK: Marking a significant milestone in the brand’s expansion, voco Belfast will be a brand debut into Northern Ireland. The hotel is scheduled to open its doors in early 2024 in partnership with Cliste Hospitality. voco Belfast will feature 120 rooms and enjoys a prime location in the city centre. voco Belfast is set to be perfectly positioned for a break in the city, with quick access to Belfast’s historic landmarks, museums, shopping, and entertainment venues.
- voco Letchworth Hall, UK: Said to have been built by Sir William Lytton around the year 1620 and set across eight acres of grounds overlooking Letchworth Golf Club in the Hertfordshire countryside, the 87 key property promises a breathtaking stay in the British countryside. Opening in 2024, voco Letchworth Hall will be the perfect home for staycations, spa breaks or special occasions.
- voco Zeal Exeter Science Park, UK: IHG’s first lifecycle net zero carbon hotel is scheduled to open in early 2025. voco Zeal Exeter Science Park has been designed to align with the Net Zero Carbon Buildings Framework Definition of the UK Green Building Council – the membership-led industry network. The 142-key hotel will be situated close to the picturesque southwest English city of Exeter and offer leisure and business guests facilities including a restaurant, bar, gym, gardens, meeting space and numerous car charging points.
- voco Granada, Spain: Opening in late 2025, this hotel is set to be a top choice for travellers owing to its location. Adjacent to the Convention Centre of Granada, the communication highway and the city’s largest shopping mall, the 166-key hotel will be the perfect basecamp for guests to explore the nearby Alhambra, the Generalife Gardens, and the Albayzin, whilst enjoying full food and beverage on site.
- voco Brussels City North, Belgium: Located in the innovation campus of Living Tomorrow and just 10 kilometres from the city centre, the newly opened Brussels City North hotel offers guests panoramic view of the city skyline in high-tech rooms – complete with luggage robots, a bar, restaurant, gym, and a terrace. Having opened in September 2023, the hotel will offer 92 guest rooms and meeting space.
- voco Vienna Prater, Austria: Set in the lively multicultural Brigittenau district, guests can expect a diverse offer of shops, restaurants, and bars just a stroll away, with the nearby traditional Vindobona theatre offering a host of comedy performances. This 141-room hotel offers a full-service restaurant, a raised bar and three beautiful meeting rooms suitable for an array of events. This will be IHG’s second voco hotel in Austria, having opened in October 2023.
- voco Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa, UK:Opened in May 2023, this historic country house hotel set on 22 acres of picturesque countryside just an hour from central London. With ￼￼, guests can relax and unwind with comfort zone treatments or opt to rejuvenate in the leisure facilities. The hotel boasts two dining options with the on-site La Collina Pizzeria offering a true taste of Italy with authentic Italian pizza’s cooked in the open plan kitchen, and the modern British cuisine in The Tudor Restaurant overlooking the Surrey Hills.
- voco Madrid Retiro, Spain: Opened in October 2023, this hotel is situated just 700m from the beautiful Retiro Park. The 197 guest rooms reflect the history and cultural richness of Madrid, as well as in the hybrid meeting rooms, tapas bar, and the private rooftop.
- voco Paris – Porte de Clichy, France: A newly opened hotel located in Clichy-Batignolles, in a residential, modern and dynamic eco-district in the north-west area of Paris. The hotel has 264 spacious and well-equipped bedrooms, a trendy restaurant called Romcoco and its rum bar. In addition, there are 11 meeting rooms, a peaceful conservatory with a large terrace and a co-working space allowing guests to celebrate, work and get together the way they want to.
- voco Algarve Formosa Park, Portugal: Set to open by the end of 2023, this hotel marks the voco hotels brand’s debut property in Portugal and promises an idyllic getaway on the Algarve. Guests can expect a full-service restaurant, bar, exclusive access to two golf courses, and a luxurious outdoor pool. Set within the beautiful Ria Formosa Nature Park, and next to the white sand Ancão Beach, guests will wake in one of the 61 elegant suites to views and the soothing sounds of the Atlantic Ocean.
voco hotels has 55* properties open around the world with a further 51* in the pipeline. In its Europe market, IHG has 783* open hotels and a further 167* in the pipeline, across 12* of its brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo, voco hotels, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Iberostar Beachfront Resorts.
*All figures as at 30 September 2023 unless otherwise noted
** Figure includes two pipeline hotels which are IHG rebrands (subject to change)
Go to Source
Author: Theodore Koumelis